The Sunday News
Mandla Moyo, Sports Reporter
IT will be a ladies affair on Saturday at Girls College where the local netball team GoldReef are set to lock horns with Tenax in a Rainbow Amateur Netball League match.
According to the current log standings, only two points separate these teams with GoldReef position seven while Tenax are a place down. However, what is encouraging for the hosts is the fact that their goal shooters look sharper than those of their opponents coming into this game.
They have scored 365 points as compared to the 281 that Tenax have attained. However, defensively the visitors look a bit more solid that the hosts in that they have only conceded (225 while the hosts have let in 285.
GoldReef have won eight times, drawn three times while their opponents have won six times, have been involved in four stalemates and with two games in hand.
Samuel Riyano, the GoldReef coach predicted a tough game ahead seeing that that the two teams have never met before.
“We have not played them but judging them from their last league which they won, they look a very competitive side.
“As a result we expect a very tough match however we will do our best and we expect a positive result, since we did not play last week that gave us a chance to use the period to try other combinations.
“At the same time if you look at the log standings the league looks competitive therefore we have to produce results week in week out so that buy the end of the season we are in a better position,” said Riyano.
The Sunday News
- Manchester City confirm Vincent Kompany is to leave the club after 11 years and 360 games
- Twitter Stories: Nigerian man says he refused to go for a wedding because the groom is gay and is sleeping with one of his groomsmen
- I am not a 4 seconds man, I am a 4-hours man- DaddyShowkey says in new video
- Industry urges economic players to exercise restraint
- DIDG loses exclusive rights to NRZ deal