Nigerians are currently bashing comic actor, Imeh Bishop Umoh, over his comment on the recent arrest and alleged sexual molestation of women accused of being sex workers in Abuja.
Recall that two weeks ago, over 70 women were arrested by men of the Abuja police command for allegedly being sex workers. The arrested women accused the police officers of raping them on the night they were arrested.
In a video he posted earlier today, Okon stated that there is no way what the policemen did to those women can be termed rape because rape is forcefully taking a woman’s dignity. He opined that sex workers do not have any dignity that can be taken. He added that the policemen simply stole from the women because they forcefully took the product they are selling (sex) and did not pay. Therefore what the policemen did should be seen as theft, not as rape. Read here.
Nigerians found his comment distasteful. See their reactions below…
Source: Linda Ikeji
- Nigerian mom seeks a job for her 9-year-old daughter, shares her CV online
- Gvnt Mulls Decentralisation Of Industries
- Valuable lessons . . . When we learn from a loss, we can gain from a loss: Coach
- “Spare Me I Am A Mother With Children And I Am Just A Woman, A Mere Woman”: Alleged Auxilia Mnangagwa Audio
- BREAKING: Auxillia Mnangagwa Voice SoundAlike In Military Coup, Telling Soldier To “Shoot My Husband, Not Me”