A five-year-old boy has died from Ebola in Uganda, according to health officials.
There’s been a deadly outbreak of the Ebola virus in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo. The virus has now spread to Uganda and the child’s death is the first in the country.
Officials said the grandmother and younger brother of the deceased also have the disease.
The boy is said to have travelled across the border with his family from DR Congo on Sunday. He was taken to a Ugandan hospital when he began exhibiting symptoms, including vomiting blood, officials said.
More than 2,000 cases of Ebola have been recorded in DR Congo in the last 10 months. Most of these cases ended in death.
Source: Linda Ikeji
- Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Looks To Face Serious Regulatory Pushback
- Answers To The Important Questions About Facebook’s Cryptocurrency, Libra
- Just In- Luveve High School Employee Hangs Self
- Horror As Pregnant Woman Is Burnt To Death
- RBZ disburses US$7 million for wheat procurement as bread shortages persist