By A Correspondent| FIVE family members who were pilgrims of the Johanne Marange Apostolic Church perished in a road accident on their way to the Mafararikwa shrine for annual Passover feast in Headlands early this week.
National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the accident that happened around 1am on Monday at the 141km peg along the Harare-Mutare Highway.
He identified the deceased as Proud Kore (41), Mejury Kanyayi (25), Marvelous Sithole (14), Tashinga Kore (3) and Abel Kore (2 months) — all of Farm 356 in Chitomborwizi, Chinhoyi.
Ass Com Nyathi said the vehicle, a Toyota Dyna which they were travelling in and had 22 passengers aboard, veered off the road and hit a tree in Headlands.
“The driver of the Toyota Dyna lost control of the vehicle after an oncoming vehicle encroached into his lane. The vehicle then veered off the road for about 50 meters and hit a tree. As a result of the accident, five people who are believed to be family members were killed,” he said.
Ass Comm Nyathi urged motorists to be observant and cautious.
“Where possible, motorists must avoid travelling at night while carrying many passengers for long distances, especially inter-city roads,” he said.- Manica Post
Source: Zim Eye
- Nigerian mom seeks a job for her 9-year-old daughter, shares her CV online
- Gvnt Mulls Decentralisation Of Industries
- “Spare Me I Am A Mother With Children And I Am Just A Woman, A Mere Woman”: Alleged Auxilia Mnangagwa Audio
- BREAKING: Auxillia Mnangagwa Voice SoundAlike In Military Coup, Telling Soldier To “Shoot My Husband, Not Me”
- Leaked Audio On First Lady Auxilia Mnangagwa, “Why Are You Spying On Me?”